For almost 10 years our teams have been scouring the world for the best surf spots... We realized that the ideal spot for an intermediate shortboard surfer was not at all the same as the dream spot for a longboarder!
In order to make your surfing trip search easier and to give you the best ideas of surfing destinations, we propose you our top 3 surfing trips classified by level and by type of surfing... Useful for your next surfing trip !
To surf shortboard, it implies to have already good notions and some waves to his credit. We have classified our choices by levels:
Shortboarders beginner / intermediate " 1st surf trip
Our choice: Portugal
Your surfing holiday in Portugal and more precisely in Baleal. The town is located 1h45 from Lisbon where you can land and rent a car for a very good price. If you prefer you can take a taxi (quite expensive) or the red bus at 11 €.
- Accommodation in a shared room in the Captain's Log House
- Breakfast included (continental buffet)
Surfing side :
- 7 surfing lessons (2h/day)
- Materials and equipment available outside of class
- Possibility to take the boards from the surf camp
Total price of the stay in Portugal (excluding rental car): 375 € per person.
Intermediate "energetic" shortboarder
This means a vivacious surfer who likes to make quick maneuvers and push on the back foot to send rollers at noon!
Our choice: Morocco
Indeed it is a very good alternative, the quality and the diversity of the waves are not negligible. Moreover it is one of our most complete services. Everything is included in the price, no extra expenses except your personal shopping :)
In fact our surf camp is located a few kilometers from Taghazout, about 10 minutes by car, the name of the village is Aourir. The surfhouse in Morocco is located in front of the ocean, so you will have a rooftop terrace where meals will be held with a view of the sea in the company of other surfers.
- 7 nights in a shared room (+10€/night for a private room)
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Transfer to Agadir airport or bus station (round trip)
- Free wifi
About surfing, this pack includes 1 lesson of 2h30 in the morning or afternoon with a surfing teacher. You will have the choice between the discovery option with lessons for those who have never surfed and a guiding option for those who already surf.
The latter option is an accompaniment and improvement with a local guide/surfer. He will escort you to the best surf spots around: Anchor point, Dracula, Anza or Imsouane (depending on the conditions) and will be in the water with you to give you advice on your surfing and the points to improve, if any ;-) The surfhouse has a quiver where you will find boards for all levels.
Surfing side :
- 6 days of surfing
- Accompaniment and improvement with a local surf guide
- Transport to the best surf spots (Anchor Point, Dracula, Anza, Imsouane...)
- Wetsuits and surfboards available
- Surfing session at sunset (free surf)
- Excursion (Paradise Valley or Agadir Souk)
Other activities are possible within the camp:
- the visit of the Souk and Agadir
- a cooking class
- a walk in the mountains dotted with argan trees on horseback or on foot
- the traditional hammam of the village
- an evening performance of traditional music
Total price of the surfing trip in Morocco: 490 € per person.
The shortboarder's dream surf trip
We are no longer talking about a surfing trip but rather a surfing initiation rite!
Our choice: Bali
There you can choose between two types of accommodation: in a dormitory with 2 bunk beds or a private room with a double bed.
There is a lot to do in the area, many small and cheap restaurants are located in the immediate vicinity of the surf camp. Apart from surfing you can, with a taxi (30 $ per day), do almost everything you want to see in the area.
- 14 nights in a shared room with 2 bunk beds
- Airport transfers
- The breakfast
- Water/coffee and tea at will
Surfing side :
- 14 semi-private lessons (2 people max for 1 guide)
- All transfers to the best spots according to the weather conditions and your level
- The loan of material and all equipment
Total price of the surf Indonesia trip for 14 nights: 690 € per person.
Next week don't miss our article on the 5 best destinations to learn to surf.